Cost Of Living, - News, Facts and Events, - Movies, TV and Music, - Technology, - World Leaders,
Cost of Living 1995How Much things cost in 1995
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 2.81% Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 5117 Interest Rates Year End Federal Reserve 8.50% Average Cost of new house $113,150.00 Average Income per year $35,900.00 Average Monthly Rent $550.00 Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.09 US Postage Stamp 32 cents Average cost of new car $15,500.00 Loaf of Bread $2.02 Ground Coffee per IB$4.07 Loaf of Bread $1.15 Dozen Eggs 87 cents
Below are some Prices for UK guides in Pounds Sterling
Average House Price 68,183 Gallon of Petrol 2.70 Yearly Inflation Rate UK 3.5% Interest Rates Year End Bank of England 6.38% FTSE 100 Average 3350
From Our 1995toys Page
- Truck Bomb devastates Oklahoma City Federal Building killing 168 people
- Syria has Peace talks with Israel
- US Imposes economic sanctions against Iran
- US pulls out of Somalia
- Ken Saro-Wiwa writer and human rights activist is executed in Nigeria despite worldwide pleas for clemency
- Nigeria Expelled from Commonwealth due to Human Rights Abuses
- United Nations intervenes in Bosnian Civil War and cease fire after peace agreement War ends
- A magnitude 7.3 earthquake occurs near Kobe, Japan, killing 6,433 people
- Terrorists release Sarin nerve Gas at Kasumigaseki station killing 12 and sending over 5,000 to hospital
- The United Kingdom's oldest investment banking firm, Barings Bank collapses after a securities broker Nick Leeson has lost $1.4 billion by speculating on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Riots break out in Brixton, London
- In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions
- The (WTO) World Trade Organization starts as a replacement for GATT
- Russia is hit by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake killing at least 2000 people
- An unprecedented heat wave strikes the Midwestern United States Temperatures exceed 104°F in the afternoon for 5 straight days. At least 3000 people die, 750 in Chicago, Illinois alone.
- The Dayton accord is signed by leaders of Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia bringing peace to the baltic area.
- The New York times and Washington Post publish the Unibombers 35,000 word manifesto.
- Volcanic eruption in the island of Montserrat
- Bosnian Serbs Take control of the City Srebrenica from Peacekeeping forces and perform the worst case of Ethnic Cleansing since the second World War killing 7,000 Muslim men and raping hundreds of Muslim Women.
- NATO bombing campaign against Serb artillery positions in Bosnia Leads to a Peace agreement
- The Ebola virus kills 244 Africans in Kikwit, Zaire in Central Africa.
- Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin is mortally wounded by a right-wing Israeli gunman.
- In a Referendum in Quebec the vote to become independent from Canada is narrowly defeated
- OJ Simpson is found innocent
- Federal workers were sent home when there is no Money to Pay Federal Workers during budget deadlock
- Dow Jones closes above 5,000 for the first time
- The 55 MPH limit imposed during the Middle East Crisis in 1973 / 1974 is ended
- Nerve Gas put in Tokyo Subway injures thousands
- Steve Fossett Becomes the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon
- Major League Baseball players end a 232-day strike
- 42 U.S.C. § 13701, entitled Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act is passed ( informal name Megan's Law ) which helps to make parents aware of the presence of convicted sex offenders in their neighborhood.
- Windows 95 released by Microsoft
- Cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov returns after setting a record for 438 days in space.
- The US Space Shuttle Atlantis docks with the Russian Mir space stationon June 29th for the first time
- The unmanned Galileo spacecraft arrives at the planet Jupiter
- DVD, optical disc storage media format, is announced.
- In southern France a network of caves are discovered that contain paintings and engravings that are 17,000 to 20,000 years old.
Popular Culture 1995
- American rock band Grateful Dead announce break up
- Toy Story first ever wholly computer generated film
- Batman Forever
- Apollo 13
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
- Die Hard With a Vengeance
Check out our Television Programmes From The 90s whenever possible we have included a trailer to jog your memory. Series trailers and more information are found on the decade they started.
- Deep Blue Something
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Rage Against The Machine
- Van Halen
- Whitney Houston
- Mariah Carey
- Alanis Morissette
- Garth Brooks
- Blues Traveler
- Janet Jackson
Major World Political Leaders 1995Australia Prime Minister Paul Keating Brazil President Itamar Franco Till 1 January
Brazil President Fernando Henrique Cardoso From 1 January
Canada Prime Minister Jean Chrétien
China Chairman of the People's Republic of China Jiang Zemin
France President François Mitterrand Till 17 May
France President Jacques Chirac From 17 May
Germany Chancellor Helmut Kohl
India Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao
Italy Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi Till 17 January
Italy Prime Minister Lamberto Dini From 17 January
Japan Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama Mexico President Ernesto Zedillo Russia / Soviet Union
General Secretary of the CPSU Boris Yeltsin South Africa State President Nelson Mandela United States President Bill Clinton United Kingdom Prime Minister John Major