What News Events Happened in 1925Germany
- Adolf Hitler publishes his personal manifesto Mein Kampf.
- New Child Labor Laws are condemned over concerns of child idleness.
- The First Motel (Motorists Hotel) opens in San Luis Obispo, California.
- A major epidemic of Diphtheria breaks out on February 2nd in Alaska.
- Field Marshall Hindenburg is elected president of Germany in 1925.
- A giant tornado struck Missouri, Illinois and Indiana.
- A teacher is charged under the Butler Act on May 5th for teaching evolution in a Tennessee school.
- After operating the Sears catalog for nearly 40 years Sears Robuck opens its first retail store in Chicago, Illinois.
- On February 22nd Calvin Coolidge becomes the first President of the United States to have his inauguration broadcast on radio.
- The Chrysler Corporation is founded by Walter Percy Chrysler.
- John Logie Baird creates Britain's first television transmitter.
- More and more Airlines are formed around the world for Freight mail and passenger traffic.
- Richard G. Drew working at 3M invents Scotch Tape, his original invention was designed for use in the Auto industry to bring a new level of precision to automobile paint jobs. But the Adhesive Tape designed to be self sticking (Other adhesive tapes used water or heat to become sticky) took off with consumers and became an instant success.
From Our Accessories Page
From Our Flapper Dresses and Clothing Page
Popular Culture 1925
- "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald is published.
- Ben Hur
- Phantom of the Opera, starring Lon Chaney.
Born This YearMargaret Thatcher October 13th
Johnny Carson October 23rd
Richard Burton November 10th
Tony Curtis June 3rd
Major World Political LeadersAustralia Prime Minister Stanley Bruce Brazil President Artur Bernardes Canada Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King
Italy Prime Minister Benito Mussolini
Japan Prime Minister Takaaki Katō Mexico President Plutarco Elías Calles Russia / Soviet Union
General Secretary of the Central Committee Joseph Stalin South Africa Prime Minister James Barry Munnik Hertzog United States President Calvin Coolidge United Kingdom Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin
Canadian Federal Election 1925 Arthur Meighen (Conservative) defeats William Lyon Mackenzie King (Liberal) and Robert Forke (Progressive) But Liberals and Progressives join forces keeping Liberals in power.