|The People History||Home||Quiz Questions Home||Home|
|Updated Fun Quizzes 20 Questions Each Quiz||25 Years Ago in 1989||50 Years Ago in 1964||75 Years Ago in 1939|
|Popular Culture Quizzes||Music||Movies||TV||Sports||Statehood||Years In History||Money and Prices|
All the questions in our quizzes are taken from information on The People History
1. Who became the British Prime Minister in 1937?
2. Algeria gained its independence from what country in 1962?
3. The year 1987 was shortened by how many seconds to adjust the Gregorian calendar?
5. The soft drink 7-UP was invented by Charles Leiper Grigg in what year?
6. In 1936, Jesse Owens won 4 Gold medals at the Summer Olympics in what city?
7. In what year was the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for car racing built?
8. In what year did New Mexico become a state?
9. How much did a single US Postage Stamp cost in 1995?
10. How long did the Siege of Leningrad last until being broken in 1944?
11. Which popular fast food chain restaurant was first opened in 1955?
12. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy in Los Angeles, California in 1968?
13. The popular 1970s television series Laverne & Shirley took place in which American city?
14. What was the name of the first "talkie" feature length film to have synchronized dialogue in 1927?
15. Who won the first American Idol Contest in 2002?
16. In what year did the United States return the Panama Canal to Panama?
17. South Africa's new prime minister in 1989 started to dismantle apartheid, what was his name?
19. In 1999, Boris Yeltsin resigned as President of Russia, who replaced him?
20. In 2006, Pluto was downgraded from a planet to what by the International Astronomical Union?
21. In what year did Maine become a state?
22. The first World Cup for Soccer (Football) was held in which country in 1930?
23. Which famous US car manufacturer that was formed in South Bend, Indiana in 1852 stopped production in 1963?
24. In what year did the Golden Globe Awards start?
25. Which popular entertainer was inducted into the US army in 1958?
1. Neville Chamberlain 2. France 3. 1 second 4. Long Acre Square 5. 1929 6. Berlin, Germany 7. 1909 8. 1912 9. 32 cents 10. 872 days 11. McDonald's 12. Sirhan Sirhan 13. Milwaukee 14. The Jazz Singer 15. Kelly Clarkson 16. 1977 17. F.W. de Klerk 18. 1948 19. Vladimir Putin 20. Dwarf Planet 21. 1820 22. Uruguay 23. Studebaker 24. 1943 25. Elvis Presley