This History Based Quiz includes questions from the Movies including Sidney Poitier, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Lord of the Rings, Academy Awards and many more
1. Which of these movies did not debut in 1997: Liar Liar, Men in Black, Toy Story 2, or Titanic?
2. In what year did Sidney Poitier become the first black actor to win the "Best Actor" Oscar?
3. Which of these movies was released in 1983: Cocoon, Arthur, Flashdance, or Big?
4. In 1932, the film Tarzan the Ape Man opened featuring what Olympic swimmer as the lead?
5. In 1953 the film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes starred which iconic actress?
6. Which of these movies did not debut in 1991: Speed, The Silence of the Lambs, Beauty and the Beast, or Hook?
7. What movie featuring Dustin Hoffman in his first starring role came out in 1967?
8. Which of these movies did not debut in 1993: Philadelphia, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, or Mrs. Doubtfire?
9. In what year did Alfred Hitchcock's film "Psycho" first debut?
10. Which movie did not debut in 1979: Alien, Kramer v. Kramer, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, or Annie Hall?
11. Which 1939 move based on a book featured Judy Garland?
12. What was the name of the first "talkie" feature length film to have synchronized dialogue in 1927?
13. In what year did the Cannes Film Festival in France first begin?
14. Which of these films was not released in 2007: Failure to Launch, I Am Legend, American Gangster, or Transformers?
15. Which movie did not come out in 1976: The Omen, Paper Moon, Rocky, or Taxi Driver?
16. In what year was Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs first released?
17. Which of these movies did not debut in 1988: Die Hard, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Beetlejuice, or Top Gun?
18. Which of these movies was not released in 1957: 12 Angry Men, The Bridge on the River Kwai, North by Northwest, or The Three Faces of Eve?
19. In 1995, the first ever completely computer generated film debuted, what was it?
20. The 1940 movie "The Great Dictator" starred which famous actor?
21. In what year did Phantom of the Opera starring Lon Chaney debut?
22. Which movie did not debut in 1982: Back to the Future, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Poltergeist, or Porky's?
23. In what year was the film Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King released?
24. In what year did the Academy Awards, or Oscars, first begin?
25. In what year did James Dean get his first break on a Pepsi commercial?
This Day Info
From our 50s Toys Page
Zorro Official Guitar
Price $8.98 Beautifully decorated with your youngsters' favorite Television hero, Zorro, pictured in silhouette on his horse. His famous "Z" mark appears in two other positions on the face of the guitar, too. This is almost as large as a regular professional guitar, and includes a push-button attachment that simplifies playing; snaps over neck of guitar. Instruction song booklet. Constructed of sturdy plastic with nylon and wire strings. Has metal gear action tuning pegs.
Plastic Molding Machine with Play-Doh
Price $2.97 A fascinating new device that turns out houses, trees, dogs, and more in non-toxic, colorful Play-Doh. Youngsters will love building their own villages and scenes. The Play-Doh can be used over and over if you keep it in the can. Make permanent objects too, by baking or allowing Play-Doh to dry at room temperature.