What do you know or remember from the Thirties
1. In what year did the first severe dust storms begin stripping away the topsoil in the US Midwest?
2. Iran was first called Iran in 1935, what was it previously known as?
3. In 1937, the German airship, Hindenburg, burst into flames while attempting to moor where?
4. Which man became dictator of Spain in 1939, ending the Spanish Civil War?
5. In what year were seeing-eye dogs first used?
6. The Spanish Civil War began in what year?
7. In what year did the Star Spangled Banner become the USA's national anthem?
8. In 1930, the city of Constantinople in Turkey changed its name to what?
9. In what year did Australia gain independence from Great Britain?
10. In 1934, FBI men ambushed and fired on which two bank robbers, eventually killing them?
11. In what year did Action Comics release the first issue of "Superman"?
12. On September 1st, 1939, Germany invaded what country to begin World War II?
13. In 1936, Jesse Owens won 4 Gold medals at the Summer Olympics in what city?
14. In 1935, the first Pacific Airmail delivery was made by what vehicle?
15. In what year did Adolf Hitler declare himself to be the fuhrer Of Germany after becoming President and Chancellor?
16. What was the better known name for blind pig bars or blind tiger bars in the 1930's?
17. In 1932, what famous gangster was convicted for income tax evasion?
18. What was the name of the first children's serial that was broadcast on radio in 1931?
19. Who was crowned Emperor "King of Kings of Ethiopia" in 1930?
20. In what year did President Roosevelt give his first "fireside chat" in a radio broadcast?
21. What year did Kiichiro Toyoda found the Toyota Motor Company in Japan?
22. Who patented the jet engine in 1930?
23. What company first started selling the first Fluorescent Tube light in 1935?
24. Of Mice and Men was published in 1937, by which author?
25. In 1939, Thailand changed its name from what?
26. In 1938, Seabiscuit and what other horse competed in a long awaited race to determine the best horse?
27. In 1931, which Midwestern US city ran out of money and could not pay its teachers for two months?
28. In what year did Radio City Music Hall open in New York City?
29. In 1934, Donald Duck appeared for the first time in what?
30. Who was TIME magazine's Man of the Year in 1938?
31. In 1936, King Edward VIII abdicated in order to marry who?
32. In 1932, the parking meter was invented in which US state?
33. In what year did Amelia Earhart mysteriously disappear over the Pacific Ocean during a circumnavigation flight?
34. What year did the Alcatraz federal penitentiary, also known as "The Rock", open?
1. 1933 2. Persia 3. Lakehurst, New Jersey 4. Francisco Franco 5. 1938 6. 1936 7. 1931 8. Istanbul 9. 1931 10. Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow 11. 1938 12. Poland 13. Berlin, Germany 14. The China Clipper 15. 1934 16. Speakeasies 17. Al Capone 18. Little Orphan Annie 19. Haile Selassie 20. 1933 21. 1937 22. Frank Whittle 23. General Electric 24. John Steinbeck 25. Siam 26. War Admiral 27. Chicago, Illinois 28. 1932 29. The Wise Little Hen 30. Adolf Hitler 31. Wallis Simpson 32. Oklahoma 33. 1937 34. 1934