1. In 1946, the Philippines gained independence after how many years of U.S. rule?
2. In 1943, what building, considered to be the world’s largest office building, was completed?
3. What year was the first RAF aircraft equipped with radar?
4. What was the other name used for Operation Overlord during World War II in 1944?
5. What did the Kon-Tiki expedition set out to prove in 1947?
6. In 1948, NASCAR held its first race for modified stock cars where?
7. In 1942, the minimum draft age is lowered from 21 years old to what in the United States?
8. In what country were the Lascaux prehistoric cave paintings discovered in 1940?
9. How much was the first Polaroid Camera sold for in 1949?
10. In 1947, the world's first general purpose electronic computer, ENIAC, is completed, what does ENIAC stand for?
11. In 1940 which world leader made the speeches "We Shall Fight Them On The Beaches....." and "Never in the field of human conflict was so much..." ?
12. In what year did the Voice of America begin broadcasting?
13. What year was the Warsaw Jewish Ghetto uprising against the Nazis?
14. In what year was an UFO allegedly found on July 7th in the Roswell UFO incident?
15. In 1949, NATO was established, what does NATO stand for?
16. In what year did The United Nations vote in favor for the creation of an Independent Jewish State of Israel?
17. In what year did Bikinis go on sale for the first time in Paris?
18. During World War II, US Gas Rationing allowed how many gallons of gas per week in 1942?
19. In what year did the 40-hour working week go into effect in the US?
20. During World War II, what did Executive Order 9066 do in 1942?
21. What company began production of Italian sports cars in 1947?
22. In 1949, the Communist People’s Republic of China is proclaimed under which leader?
23. How long did the Siege of Leningrad last until being broken in 1944?
24. In 1943, due to shortages in copper in the U.S., the one-cent coin is struck in what metal during World War II?
25. In what year Germany invade Denmark, Norway, France, Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands?
26. What was The Foreign Assistance Act (The Marshall Plan) in 1948?
27. In what year did the Golden Globe Awards start?
28. In 1941, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed what bill to provide financial aid to veterans who returned from World War II?
29. In what year was Apartheid made the official policy of the National Party in South Africa?
30. In what year was The USS Indianapolis sunk by a Japanese submarine?
1. 48 years 2. The Pentagon 3. 1941 4. D-Day, The landing of Allied troops in Normandy, France 5. That people from South American could have settled Polynesia in pre-Columbian times 6. Daytona Beach 7. 18 years old 8. France 9. $89.95 10. Electronic Numerical Integrator Analyzer and Computer 11. Winston Churchill 12. 1942 13. 1943 14. 1947 15. North Atlantic Treaty Organization 16. 1947 17. 1946 18. 3 Gallons 19. 1940 20. Allowed Japanese-Americans to be put into internment camps 21. Ferrari 22. Mao Tse Tung 23. 872 days 24. Steel 25. 1940 26. An agreement that the US would send over $13 billion in aid to Europe between 1948 and 1951 27. 1943 28. G.I. Bill 29. 1949 30 1945